It’s great to always learn and look for ways to improve ourselves. It’s just as important to enjoy the moment, to have a laugh, and be a human being (vs. a human doing).
So we thought mid-summer was a good time to keep it light.
Baseball is not only the great American pastime, but it is also the source of some great humor.
These one-liners from baseball icon Yogi Berra will tickle your funny bone and also baffle your brain!
- “You can’t think and hit at the same time.”
- “You can observe a lot just by watching.”
- “Toots Shore’s restaurant is so crowded nobody goes there anymore.”
- “I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.”
- “Ninety percent of this game is half-mental.”
- “When asked what he would do if he found a million dollars: ‘I would try to find the person that lost it, and if he was poor – I’d give it back.’”
- “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”
- “The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.”
- “You better cut that pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.”
- “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.”
- “It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.”
Enjoy the summer. Enjoy the moment!