Expansive research by Gallup clearly shows that today’s worker is more:
- focused on strengths
This chart shows the shift in worker focus.
These shifts in worker focus have existed since 2016, but the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated them just as any crisis tends to accelerate existing trends.
Considering the needs of today’s worker, today’s leader must:
1. Start with him/herself
- Build awareness and intentional use of thoughts, words and actions to have a positive impact on others.
- Seek new learnings and acknowledge vulnerabilities.
2. Inspire purposeful work
- Create a compelling purpose and plan.
- Build a bridge between today’s tasks and a brighter tomorrow.
3. Champion the culture
- Champion a positive culture so employees can be seen, heard, grow and contribute.
- Boldly address organizational systems that do not reinforce the desired culture.
4. Coach daily
- Maintain a positive coaching mindset and practice positive coaching habits.
- See employees’ potential and build upon their strengths.
5. Engage minds and hearts
- Understand the human behind the employee.
- Fulfill employee needs so they realize their potential.
6 .Facilitate excellent execution
- Drive focus and accountability for delivering results.
- Ensure collaboration and innovation.
Use this Healthy Growth process to help you, your employees and your business grow.
Your growth is our passion. Let’s talk about it: 214-789-8053.