As parents and leaders, we tend to focus on teaching lessons to our teams, whether it is a team of employees at work or a team of children at home.
In today’s fast moving and ever-changing world we must also focus on learning new lessons ourselves.
I have learned from our children how to:
- give grace to others
- pursue excellence for the sake of excellence
- boldly (and respectfully) express yourself
- lead regardless of a title
- demonstrate appreciation
- make love a verb.
Regardless of who your team is comprised of, remember that true leaders are also enthusiastic learners.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What have I learned this week?
- Who is someone new I can learn from?
- Who is someone on my team I disagree with and what can I learn from them?
Here’s to great teaching and great learning!
The 31 matters of leadership will guide you through a daily journey to inspire extraordinary results!
Check it out HERE.