Since the Olympics are such a compelling athletic spectacle, we are conditioned to watch the athletes perform versus listen to what they say.
So, now that the performances are all done, here are some words of wisdom from past Olympians that can help you make a lasting difference in your life and business.
- Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you. – Simone Biles
- Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get. – Michael Phelps
- The world never puts a price on you higher than the one you put on yourself. – Sonja Henie
- To uncover your true potential, you must first find your own limits, and then you have to have the courage to blow past them. – Picabo Street
- Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. – Dan Gable
- A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever. – Mary Lou Retton
- The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important. – Bobby Knight
- I don’t want to be better than you or her or him–I want to be better than I am right now. – Kerri Walsh
- The hard days are the best because that’s where champions are made. – Gabby Douglas
- Worrying gets you nowhere. If you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself. – Usain Bolt
- If you think you’re done, you always have at least 40 percent more. – Lauren Crandall
Apply these words of wisdom from those who perform at peak levels to elevate your own performance.
For more motivational words and inspiring images, check out The Nature of Excellence.