As I reflected on the life of our family dog, Sparky, I was struck by his gold standard of reliability.
Before Sparky went to doggy Heaven, he greeted me at home every time I walked in the door for 14 years. To put that into perspective, that’s 20,000+ times without failure! The same greeting, the same panting with excitement, the same wagging tail. He was as reliable as, well, a dog.
So, it made me think about my own human reliability:
- Am I there for people I serve every time they need me… without failure?
- When I listen to someone share a concern or need, do I really hear her/her?
- When I look at someone, do I really see them?
- When I say something, do I follow through with action?
- When I start something, do I finish it?
These are questions for each of us to ponder as we strive to be as reliable as our canine companions.
The 31 matters of leadership will guide you through a daily journey to inspire extraordinary results!
Check it out HERE.