Being the boss does not necessarily mean you are leading.
Here are 10 characteristics that will help you determine if you are having a positive impact on your employees.
- A boss knows it all; a leader is always learning.
- A boss gives answers; a leader seeks solutions.
- A boss talks more than listens; a leader listens more than talks.
- A boss directs; a leader coaches.
- A boss criticizes; a leader encourages.
- A boss identifies weaknesses; a leader identifies natural gifts.
- A boss is all about “me;” a leader is all about “we.”
- A boss places blame; a leader takes accountability.
- A boss protects her ego; a leader reveals her vulnerability.
- A boss demands results; a leader inspires performance.
Every team has a boss, but they really need a leader.
Contact us to discuss how you can lead the way to healthy employee and business growth.