Today we have more of most things … except some really important things. Try these 7 simple ways to stand out in today’s complicated world:
- Say please and thank you. Mom’s magic words mean more today than ever.
- Do what you say you will do. Honor your word … always and in all ways.
- Open door policy. Men, please open the door for ladies, and ladies hold the door for others as well.
- RSVP – an acronym for the French words répondez s’il vous plaît meaning … please reply. Respond to the host as a courtesy so they can plan accordingly.
- Put it in writing. After an interview, a meeting or dinner party,send a hand written thank-you note. Your high-touch approach will stand out in a high-tech world.
- Lend a hand. At least once a day, help someone. Give up your seat, carry something, pay for a stranger’s cup of coffee, etc. A little extra help goes a long way.
- Listen first. Before you jump to conclusions in any situation, seek to understand the other’s perspective first. Things are not always as they first appear.
Stand out today!