Last week, a friend, Blair Franklin, shared some compelling thoughts on Linked In. With his permission, I am sharing them with you today. Blair is President and CEO of Ameripipe Supply, Inc.
Here’s what he had to say….
“The tenor and content of our conversations today matter more than ever.
Here are 5 hard questions I’m asking myself this morning about the way I communicate. Share these if you believe they may help us be more positive with our thoughts and words. They also may help us keep quiet when we need to.
- Is what I’m saying fact-based or fear-based?
- Is what I’m saying leading toward enlightenment and encouragement or confusion and anxiety?
- Is what I’m saying solution-seeking or problem-finding?
- Will my conversation reflect “team” thinking or “me” thinking?
- Am I just complaining? If so, remember whiners are the least attractive people on the planet and will chase others away quickly when we need more togetherness.
I’m going to hold myself to a higher standard on these kinds of things. Please join me.”
Thank you, Blair, for helping each of us to be the best version of ourselves.