Happiness comes from following your passion. Excellence comes from work that you are passionate about.
Knowing what to do is certainly important, but knowing why you do it fuels your motivation…your passion. A strong passion enables you to find a way to achieve your goals… any goal. Passion turns your stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Not only does passion ignite your pursuit of excellence; passion also makes the journey more fun!
Passion exposes possibilities, so here are 10 quotes to ignite your passion:
- “It’s not enough to be busy. The question is, what are we busy about?” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.” – Richard Bach
- “There is no passion to be found in playing small – in settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “If you don’t love what you do, you have two choices: You can either change what you’re doing, or you can change what you love.” – Billy Cox
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – George Carlin
- “Every man without passions has within him no principle of action, nor motive to act.” – Claude A. Helvetius
- “Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth it’s spark.” – Henri-Frederic Amiel
- “Life is action and passion; therefore, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of the time, at peril of being judged not to have lived.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- “I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.” – George Burns
For many more inspriing quotes on 18 other topics see the photographic gift book, The Nature of Excellence.
SAVE 50% on the Premium coffee table edition
SAVE 38% on the 6×6 Classic edition.