Here are 10 questions for you to ponder on your own or pose to friends this weekend.
- Why is “phonics” not spelled the way it sounds?
- Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
- Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
- Why does “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
- Why do “tug” boats push their barges?
- Why do we sing “Take me out to the ball game” when we are already there?
- Why are they called ” stands” when they are made for sitting?
- Doesn’t “expecting the unexpected” make the unexpected expected?
- Why are a “wise man” and a “wise guy” opposites?
Whether you consider these question or your own, we hope your weekend in thought provoking!